Intimation of Director Identification Number by the company to the Registrar DIN services
MCA eForm DIR-3C
MCA eForm DIR-3C is used for the Intimation of Director Identification Number (DIN) by the company to the Registrar of DIN services. This form is applicable only when the director is functioning as a director in one or more companies on or before 30/06/2007 and who has not yet obtained/intimated his DIN to the company or ROC. Under these circumstances, every Director within a month from receipt of DIN from central Government will have to intimate their DIN to the companies they belong to. Also, every company shall inform the Registrar in eForm DIR-3C within 15 days of receipt of notification. eForm DIR-3C is required to be filed in accordance with the Section 157 of the Companies Act, 2013 and Rule 10A (2) of the Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Rules, 2014.
Know more about MCA AGILE eForm – Company Incorporation with GSTIN, ESIC and EPFO
Section 157 of the Companies Act
Every Company will have to furnish the Director Identification Number (DIN) of all its directors to the Registrar or any other officer or any authority as may be specified by the Central Government within 15 days of intimation under section 156 of the Companies Act.
- If a company fails to furnish the Director Identification Number (DIN) before the expiry of the period specified under section 403 of Companies Act with an additional fee, the company will be punishable with fine of 25,000 rupees but which may extend to 1 lakh rupees
- Every officer of the firm who is in default will be punishable with a fine of 25,000 rupees but which may extend to 1 lakh rupees
Rule 10A (2) of Companies Rules
The intimation by the company of the Director Identification Number (DIN) of its directors under section 157 of the Companies Act shall be furnished in eForm DIR-3C within 15 days of receipt of intimation under section 156 of the Companies Act.
Purpose of the eForm DIR-3C
- Every director will have to inform all the companies in which he is a director of the DIN allotted to him in Form DIR-3C within a month of the receipt of intimation of approval of Director Identification Number.
- The Secretary and Manager of a company will inform the company of their Income-tax Permanent Account Number (PAN).
- The company needs to further information about the DIN of the directors to the Registrar in eForm DIR-3C within 15 days of receiving the intimation.
The fee details for intimating the Director Identification number by the company to the Registrar is tabulated here. The fee rates are provided as per the companies (Registration of offices and Fees) Rules, 2014
Fee for Company having Share Capital
|Sl.No||Nominal Share Capital||Fee Applicable|
|1||Less than 1,00,000||Rs.200|
|2||1,00,000 to 4,99,999||Rs.300|
|3||5,00,000 to 24,99,999||Rs.400|
|4||25,00,000 to 99,99,999||Rs.500|
|5||1,00,00,000 or more||Rs.600|
Fee for Company not having Share Capital
In case company not having a share capital, the fee for intimating the DIN by the company to the Registrar is Rs.200 per document.
Additional Fee Details
|Sl.No||Period of Delays||Fee Applicable|
|1||Up to 15 days||1 time of normal fees|
|2||More than 15 days and up to 30 days||2 times of normal fees|
|3||More than 30 days and up to 60 days||4 times of normal fees|
|4||More than 60 days and up to 90 days||6 times of normal fees|
|5||More than 90 days and up to 180 days||10 times of normal fees|
|6||More than 180 days||12 times of normal fees|
Procedure for Filing of eForm DIR-3C
The following steps can be followed for filing the eForm DIR-3C on MCA portal.
The applicant has to access the Ministry of Corporate Affairs official website to file eForm DIR-3C.
Fill the forms as necessary and upload the filled-in forms via official MCA’s official website
The user can make the payment, click on pay fee button. To know more about the procedure to Register DSC on MCA
Processing of eForm DIR-3C
The eForm will be processed by the office of Registrar of Companies (Non-STP). On processing of the e-form DIR-3C, the details will be saved with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.