Pan Card Registrations
From July 1st, 2017 onwards, as per a new law passed by the government of India, your Aadhaar and Permanent Account Number (PAN) have to be linked for e-filing your income tax returns. To do this, you have to register your PAN number on the e-filing portal of the Income Tax Department website.
Procedure for PAN card registration
Follow the steps mentioned below to know the Procedure for PAN card registration:
- Visit the e-filing portal of the Income Tax Department (www.incometaxefiling.gov.in).
- Click on the ‘Register Yourself’ tab.
- Select the user type and click on ‘Continue’.
- Enter your personal details such as name, gender, and date of birth.
- Fill up the online registration form with the correct details.
- After form submission, a link will be sent to your email ID.
- Click on this link to activate your account.
How to check for PAN card information?
One way of finding out your PAN details is through the e-filing portal of the Income Tax Department website (www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-Filing/UserLogin/LoginHome.html).
Follow the steps mentioned below to check PAN Card Information:
- Enter your account number and click on ‘My Account’.
- Go to ‘Profile Settings’ and click on ‘PAN Details’.
- Your Permanent Account Number (a 10-digit alphanumeric code), permanent address, and other personal details will be displayed on the screen.
PAN card registration is a simple and easy process that is made mandatory by the law for e-filing your income tax returns.
News About Pan Card Registrations
Andhra Realty In A Slump As PAN Made Mandatory
With the government strictly implementing the use of a PAN card for registration in realty, there has been a sharp downturn in sales. The law mandates that any transactions above Rs.30 lakh require the PAN details of the person making the transaction in case of property.
The government is also cracking down on fraudulent applications made with fake PAN cards, which has resulted in a sharp reduction in the number of properties being bought or sold.
Demonetisation Results in Increase in PAN Registrations
The government’s demonetisation policy caused the general populace inconvenience for a period of time, but has reaped a fair number of benefits.
As a result of the increased scrutiny, the government recorded an increase in PAN card registrations. Additionally, there was an 18% rise in income tax filings for the past financial year.
The recent diktat on the linking of PAN cards to an Aadhaar card also contributed to an increase in the number of PAN registrations. Duplicate and multiple PAN cards being registered in one individual’s name has also been on the decline due to heightened surveillance and vigilance on the part of authorities.