Proprietorship Firm Registration Procedure
The Proprietorship Firm Registration which is also called a Sole Proprietorship Firm which is register under the Indian Proprietorship Act 1908. We require the following document to form a proprietorship firm .
Registration under “INDIAN REGISTRATION ACT 1908*
Benefits at the time taking Contracts from Govt. or other Agencies Identification of the PROP. of the Firm.
Benefit in taking Legal Action
Document Requirements for
Proprietorship Firm Registration
- Prop. Name
- Father’s Name
- Residence Address
- Proposed Firm Name and Firm Address
- Two Photos of the Proprietor
- Objects of the Business
- One ID proof – (Voter ID,DL or Passport)
- One electricity bill or water bill of office premises.
- NOC from the landlord of the premises.
- Rent agreement
- Please also give us the date of commencement of business
- In case of sole proprietorship, please attach an affidavit attested by notary public.
- Letter Head & Rubber Stamp (Address & Prop.)
However, to open a bank account in the name of the firm, a minimum of 2 registrations such as Shops & Establishments, Professional Tax, Service Tax, MSME, etc. under the local, state or central authority is mandatory to comply with the Know Your (KYC) norms of the bank.
Note:For the sole proprietorship firms, the most relevant and competent Act in India, is the Shops and Establishments Act, of the concerned State. For such a firm, there is no requirement of opening a separate bank account, or making the business PAN Card. All income tax related issues would be solved on the basis of the income of the proprietor and his income tax returns. However, VAT or Service tax registrations are mandatory.
Important Question & Answer About Proprietorship Firm Registration